Welcome to the homepage of the Coal Advisory Service
The Coal Advisory Service (CAS) Northern Ireland operates a telephone hotline for advice to coal users. This mainly concerns the safe and efficient operation of appliances, chimney issues and types of fuels available. CAS is fully supported and funded by the leading local coal importers.
The Coal Advisory Service main functions are to:
- Operate a telephone hotline to provide advice to solid fuel users on a "person to person" basis.
- Provide a forum for members to discuss all relevant matters relating to the coal industry.
- Provide representation to Government, Local Government and other agencies
CAS support and are represented on the following bodies:
- Home Energy Conservation Authority
- Energy Services Agreement Forum